Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Welcome!!!
Hello and welcome to my site. A personal page for me to blog about my experiences, spur of the moment thoughts, feelings, travel, and etc. I hope you have fun reading my entries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Please feel free to leave your comments and messages.

My husband and I got married just last February 25. However, I have only been with him for not more than a week ever since because he had to go to the United States. He left for Dallas on the 3rd of March and I came after him there after 2 months since I could not leave my job yet.

When I got to Dallas on May 14, I didn't get to see him right away because he moved to Los Angeles to go to his father's side of the family. Being more than 5 months pregnant at the time, we could not decide on whether he goes back to Dallas to be with me or I go to Los Angeles to be with him because we were actually hoping for an employment opportunity.

Given our situation, being only visitors from the Philippines... Finding a job became very difficult for us. Especially now that the country is suffering from retrogression. So we finally decided that I follow him in California instead since I have relatives in Fresno. Fortunately, soon after I got here he was offered to assist elderly patient in a care home in Bakersfield. The place in Bakersfield could only accommodate one person so I couldn't come with him. So we ended up being apart again after spending a weekend together in Los Angeles.

Apparently, ever since we found out that I was pregnant... We panicked and did not know what to do. Everything we did was always at the last minute. One great example was our marriage. After finally deciding to tied the knot, we planned our civil wedding for less than three days and got married right on the coming weekend. We had to rush it because he was flying to Dallas after a week at the time. And since it all happened without prior notice, I can't take a time off from work right away.

This is why I am in desperate need of my husband's full attention. I want to spend as much time with him alone. I will be seeing him again on the 16th of July so that we can fly to Chicago together. I will be more than 7 months pregnant by then and it's going to be hard for me to travel to visit my relatives so we are planning that I give birth to our baby there as well.

I was hoping that I could spend some quality time with him before we leave for a new state since the baby will be coming into our lives soon then there's no time for that at all anymore in the near future.

My husband though is very practical. he would not go away with me because he thinks it's just a waste of money. I was suggesting we go to Las Vegas for three days since he really wanted to go there but I hate the feeling that I have to convince him every time we talk about it. I know he'd love to go so I insisted that I will pay for the whole trip. We could treat the vacation like our honeymoon but it hurts me whenever he finds a reason to back out.

I know he's just watching over the expenses since we're gonna be here in the US for a long time without any promise of jobs or whatsoever. But it just makes me feel sad. i didn't get to tell him that I was feeling this way because I know he'll think that this is a pretty low reason for me to get sad for.

Any of you guys know somewhere else we can go for our honeymoon? Preferably in California, Dallas, or Chicago that my husband couldn't say "no" for an answer?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home