Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Welcome!!!
Hello and welcome to my site. A personal page for me to blog about my experiences, spur of the moment thoughts, feelings, travel, and etc. I hope you have fun reading my entries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Please feel free to leave your comments and messages.

I'll be taking my IELTS exam on the 17th of April. It was just earlier this morning when I found out that I applied for the wrong type of exam. Hassle!!! This is how my day went;

I arrived at Speak Well (Las Pinas branch) as around 9:10am this morning. I enrolled for their course, and waited several minutes till the actual class started. I didn't expect the room to be congested with a number of students just like me because I was told that only an average of 10 people attend their class everyday. Since i came early, I got to properly compose myself and anticipate the worst thing that could happen that day. I was preparing myself to get through the loneliness because I didn't know anyone. Then, as students were filling up the classroom one-by-one. I was so surprise to see a co-worker enter the door. She was also alone and was pleasantly surprised of me being there as well. We were pretty close back when I was still working in the hospital back then. This was the first time I have ever seen her since i resigned.

So thankful that I finally had someone to talk to, I didn't realize how truly excited I was. We caught up with each other in no time. I told her when I will be taking the exam. I mentioned that I was taking the General Training test. She was so shocked to hear that because she knew that it wasn't suppose to be the type that I had applied for. What she had said really alarmed me. I was so tense during the lecture because I didn't know what to do about it. So, I decided to called my mom and dad to ask if they could call the IDP office in my behalf to raise my problem. Fortunately, I had a quick response from both. They told me that I should provide the testing office a formal letter of request. I finished it just now. I hope everything could be settled right before my test date... (Oh, God please help me... )

After that mind rattling experience, I managed to calm myself down after a few hours. I was able to focus on the grammar quiz given to us my our lecturer, Mr. Harry right on time. And for your information, i had a perfect mark.

Then, on the afternoon, we were taught about techniques in writing. We were given an illustration of a map where we were asked to describe what it was showing. I didn't quite understand what Mr. Harry was talking about at first. But I got the hang of it as the time was almost over. Because of this, I did't finish the task at the right time. We were instructed to write 3-4 paragraphs about the illustration with proper sequencing of ideas and grammar in under 20 minutes. I thought that I will be having minimal problems in this area of the exam since I have been blogging for so many months now. I was completely wrong with this notion. Apparently, it is really hard to write and come up with ideas under such tight time pressure. I need more practice.

Wish me luck guys! I'm becoming anxious with what's going to happen in my exam now. I hope i do well. Thanks :)

2 Comments:

  1. riz said...
    nice post my frnds...
    will the bst frnds
    eden said...
    Wish you good luck.

    thanks for the visit

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home