Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Welcome!!!
Hello and welcome to my site. A personal page for me to blog about my experiences, spur of the moment thoughts, feelings, travel, and etc. I hope you have fun reading my entries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Please feel free to leave your comments and messages.


I visited Baclaran church for the first time last night. It's one of the most famous churches here in the Philippines because of it's appearance, holy figures, and history. Some of the church's devotees even claim that the church have displayed numerous miracles over the years.

Getting inside Baclaran church if you have a car is such a hassle. I had to go through a really narrow street that was manifested by a lot of people. It was traffic and congested all at the same time. But the travel was well worth it. I got to go inside the church and touch some of the beautiful and sacred statues on the altar. Being there felt so good.

During that time, I felt so bad seeing so many beggars right outside the establishment. One man gave alms to a certain woman as he was about to leave, then the others came right after. A large number of beggars stormed the man asking him to give them money too. They pulled his barong and smothered the poor guy. I can see that he got pissed because of it. I would probably feel the same way too if it had happened to me.

Anyways, over all... I'm very grateful to have had the chance to finally go there. I think I'm even very lucky since there weren't a lot of people in the church during the time because it was a Tuesday. I would definitely come back soon, hopefully to stay for mass.


Photo Source

9 Comments:

  1. rjs mama said...
    you can make 3 wishes when visiting a church for the first time :)

    RJ's day to day activities
    Journal of RJ's mom
    ACRYLIQUE said...
    I havent been there. Makapunta nga minsan. :)
    beng said...
    I haven't been to baclaran church but i would like to go there some other time. :)
    kandi said...
    I visited baclaran church when I was in Manila for my interview at the US embassy.. I stayed at copacabana so all I needed to do was walk going to church. I believe it made my prayers come true because I got approved right after. I would definitely visit back when we would visit the Phils again...
    darkhorse said...
    cool structure! tc
    bea trisha said...
    wow...

    i've never been there yet..
    hope to visit that place sometime in the near future!
    marife said...
    Lovely church:) happy weekend
    MelCole said...
    I like visiting churches and altars. I haven't been in Baclaran Church, but their altar is fascinating in your post. In God's time, I'll probably visit there. =)
    Sofia said...
    he Baclaran Phenomenon is, first and foremost, the incredible number of people who come to the Redemptorist Church in Baclaran every Wednesday to make the Perpetual Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help. It is estimated that at least 100,000 devotees come on regular Wednesdays, reaching about 120,000 on the First Wednesday of each month. The biggest turnout of the year is on Ash Wednesday. The crowd for that day simply defies estimate.

    Baclaran Church Official Website

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home