Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Welcome!!!
Hello and welcome to my site. A personal page for me to blog about my experiences, spur of the moment thoughts, feelings, travel, and etc. I hope you have fun reading my entries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Please feel free to leave your comments and messages.

Unfortunately, my sister developed some new symptoms yesterday. She still has on and off fever and now she's suffering from diarrhea. She told me that she was passing out red stools that looked like blood. She was a little pale and weaker than her usual self so we brought her to the hospital again. Once more, we assumed it was swine flue since she didn't seem to be getting any better since her last visit from that hospital. Before I took her there earlier I made sure I assessed my sister's condition first to evaluate if she really needed the medical attention.

Passing out blood is no joke. And she told me that she pooped 6 times already just this afternoon... I got worried because she might be having internal bleeding in her gastrointestinal system so me and my mom decided to take her to the hospital again. (I've written about our last trip there in my previous blog entries). The hospital is owned by the government. We took her there because, it's the only hospital here in Manila that specialized with Infectious diseases (swine flu is infectious).

We came there around 12:20 am. We were welcomed by very rude nurses! It kinda ticked me off because I thought their behaviors were unacceptable. I worked as a nurse too... And never in my life have I treated a patient nor a relative badly. In the emergency room , there were three nurses on duty They were very unwelcoming. One female nurse there talked to us like we were stupid and poor! You can just tell when someone thinks little of you.. That nurse got her message through to me very clearly. She made us feel that we were just a waste of time. This attitude could have been acceptable if they're area was swarmed by other ill patients at the time. But the only people there was US!! Unfortunately for her, I'm not the type of person that would just sit down and take it. I spoke with confidence and showed her I'm not intimidated with her pityful act.

Shortly, the resident doctor came down to give my sister a check-up. She too was very incompetent and rude... She only told us what we already know... She assured us that my sister doesn't have swine flu. But every answer that I squeezed right out of her started with a "probably" or a "maybe....". It made us feel unsure. She didn't even ordered any lab requests. How would you know how to manage something if you don't have diagnostic results to back up your assumptions???

This experience truly saddened us. We didn't have the same encounter last time we were there. It was just this certain group of people last night. All they've shown us was how incompetent staffs in that hospital really are... Shame on those guys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home