Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Welcome!!!
Hello and welcome to my site. A personal page for me to blog about my experiences, spur of the moment thoughts, feelings, travel, and etc. I hope you have fun reading my entries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Please feel free to leave your comments and messages.

Divine Mercy

Just last summer, I had a sojourn in Mindanao. I visited a lot of tourist spots in Davao and Cagayan De Oro. It was one of the best vacations I ever had. Amongst all of the places I've been to during my short stay, Divine Mercy in El Salvador Cagayan De Oro topped my list of "Best Encounters Ever". It's a big shrine created to worship the Lord. It was truly a spiritual experience.

Let me walk you through it:



First, in order to get to the chapels and figures... You must take these steps to reach the top. Don't let the picture fool you. It's higher than it seems...





The management is very strict with the dress code. Since you do have to wear proper clothes when you're in the house of the Lord... Unfortunately, I was wearing a sleeveless at the time, so they've provided me with a piece of cloth that resembled a lot of the traditional filipinana to cover up my arms.

They won't allow you to go inside if you don't comply with the rules.





On the top of the hill, a 50 ft. figure of the Sacred Heart will leave you in aww... It's very beautiful. The climb was all worth it.


To my surprise, this place was featured on a famous newspaper the following day. It made front page. Besides from the figures and chapels, the locals also believe that water from a spring within the place is miraculous. They claim that it heals all illnesses and pain. Try to pass by this place if you're in the area.

9 Comments:

  1. rich said...
    wow! I have no idea that there's a place in mindanao like that! :) it's nice... wish I could visit it one day.. ^^
    pickleminded said...
    wow! I have a a friend fromDavao, ayun sabi nya nga madameng nice places there.. in Davao she said about Eden garden or paradise ba yun, harharhar :)
    AKO SI BLENDA ... said...
    wonderful place!
    Goryo Dimagiba said...
    Gusto ko din mag-tour sa Mindanao.. Problema ko lang kung magkano ang kaylangan na budget.. =)
    Bailey Baretto said...
    @ pickleminded: yeah, i've been to those places in Davao too.. ill post them in my site later :)
    PinkNote said...
    wow! its like "Kamay ni Hesus" near Quezon..:) haven't been to any of it though, but i would love to visit those places.:)
    Seiko said...
    Hindi pa rin ako nakapunta dito.Wish I can visit this place too.Wonderful place to visit!Thanks for sharing this.
    Btw,thanks for the visit & dropped some line as you go.Have a wonderful weekend!:)
    Rolly said...
    I was here once in El Salvador when we dropped by on our travel back to Dipolog. It is heaven.

    Joro Livelihood
    Joro, The New Beginning
    Absolutely Joro
    The World Of Joro
    The Tale Of A Bukidnon Lad
    Baconchezjoro Multiply
    Paulette said...
    i have been to this place and i looove it! i felt so renewed after visiting this place.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home