Hello and welcome to my site. A personal page for me to blog about my experiences, spur of the moment thoughts, feelings, travel, and etc. I hope you have fun reading my entries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Please feel free to leave your comments and messages.
Posted by Bailey Baretto at 7/17/2009 09:14:00 AM
According to David Letterman, from his very famous show in the United States, these are the 10 reasons why a Filipino-American couldn't be elected as US President.
10. The White House is not big enough for in-laws and extended relatives.
9. There are not enough parking spaces at the White House for 2 Honda Civics, 2 Toyota Land Cruisers, 3 Toyota Corollas, a Mercedes Benz, a BMW , and an MPV (My Pinoy Van).
8. Dignitaries generally are intimidated by eating with their fingers at State dinners.
7. There are too many dining rooms in the White House - where will they put the picture of the Last Supper?
6. The White House walls are not big enough to hold a pair of giant wooden spoon and fork
5. Secret Service staff won't respond to "psst... psst" or 'hoy....hoy...hoy...'
4. Secret Service staff will not be comfortable driving the presidential car with a Holy Rosary hanging on the rear view mirror, or the statue of the Santo Nino on the dashboard.
3. No budget allocation to purchase a Karaoke music-machine for every room in the White House.
2. State dinners do not allow "Take Home".
AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY THERE COULDN'T BE A FILIPINO-AMERICAN U.S. PRESIDENT IS...
1. Air Force One does not allow overweight Balikbayan boxes!
Well, it's not really that offensive... In fact, I find it kinda funny because some of it are ridiculously true :D (lol) And it's also kinda cool that our race are being recognized in a well-known talk show as well.
Photos from Google Images