Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Welcome!!!
Hello and welcome to my site. A personal page for me to blog about my experiences, spur of the moment thoughts, feelings, travel, and etc. I hope you have fun reading my entries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Please feel free to leave your comments and messages.

My Chicken Pox Nightmare

I worked in a hospital before where I got exposed to a lot of different diseases. It's hard to afford getting sick now a days so I make sure that I protect myself all the time. I had a patient in the pediatric ward. He was just 7, and he was in because of chicken pox. Unfortunately, I was assigned to take care of that patient... I never had chickenpox before so I protested it to my supervisor. My supervisor just ignored me so I had no choice but to carry out my duties that day.

A few days after, I was getting confident that I might have not caught the virus since I was doing just fine... But then, on the exact 10th day of my exposure to the disease, fluid-filled blisters had erupted on my torso. I was in denial at first so I went to see one of our medical consultants just to confirm what it really was. After the doctor saw the blisters, he told me that I have chicken pox. He advised that I take at least two weeks off from work since I was highly contagious during that stage. I was really pissed right then and there because I was 22 years old at the time and I was worried of how I'd look like after I get well.

So afraid that I would have a lot of scars after getting sick, I tried everything I could to prevent it. I took supplements, and antiviral medications. I bought antiviral and anti-scar creams as well. They were really expensive so I was positive about the results.

Five months have passed after I got sick and I'm still dealing with a lot of scars right now. I got hit pretty hard. I have marks all over my body, especially on my back. :( I went to my dermatologist to get it fixed and I'm applying the creams that she had prescribed me. I still feel as if there's no effect. :(

I'm really frustrated about this because I pay a lot of attention to my skin ever since I was young. I always took care of myself because how I look was important to me...

2 Comments:

  1. kitty said...
    yeah, ganun talaga - ang hirap magkaron pag malaki ka na, mahirap maalis yung scars, di gaya pag bata ka pa. kaya nga meron naiwan sa face ko mismo nakakainis it ruined my skin! kakabuwisit ang chicken pox, iningatan ko na balat ko wala rin... so ngayon ka lang pala nagkaron ano? :/ aaaw...
    Bailey Baretto said...
    yeah.. just last december... dameng scars na naiwan all over my body... very depressing coz i took really care of my skin even before... :( i've always been very conscious about it...

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home