Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Welcome!!!
Hello and welcome to my site. A personal page for me to blog about my experiences, spur of the moment thoughts, feelings, travel, and etc. I hope you have fun reading my entries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Please feel free to leave your comments and messages.

Going back to basics

I visited my relatives in the province over the weekend. Usually when I go there, I just meet them in one of our aunt's house within the town proper so that we have bigger space and it's more accessible to everybody. But then, I had to go my cousin's house to see his new baby since I failed to attend the christening that was held weeks ago. My cousin lived beside the farm that my grandfather had developed when he was still on earth. I wasn't looking forward to it at first since I know it's going to be hot and muddy along the way since you can't drive a car to get there because there's no road yet.

It was my first time to have seen my cousin's house. And to my surprise, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. He built the house on top of the hill. He had a very big lot since it was a farm so he also built a big nipa hut beside this really huge and old manggo tree. It was a beautiful sight. Everything we ate during our stay there were freshly picked from the trees. I brought a kilo of fresh fish and pork from the town market and we just grilled it.

It was really sunny at the time but the whole place was still muddy due to continuous rains from the past few days. Because of that my cousin fetched his carabao and placed a sled on it's back. Me and some of my cousins rode it going there and back. It was very fun eventhough the whole ride was a lot bumpy. It's a shame that I didn't had a camera with me. I would've captured that moment perfectly. I bet I'll come back anyways so it's okay.

During my whole stay, I can't help but imagine, that most of the people led a life like that before. They lived in small spacey houses without electricity, and water coming from the faucet. No refrigerators, microwaves, showers, and proper toilets. :) It was very simple and easy back then... I'm glad I got a taste of it somehow. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Home